In the current edition of Red Magazine, I read about Bea Johnson and her Zero Waste Life. It was so enlightening and just reading it gave me a sense of calm and tranquility. She owns just five items of clothing and five items of footwear. Perhaps she is at one end of the scale but it inspired me strip back my wardrobe and think about what my bare minimums would be (well, for the summer anyway!).
Over the past few years I have taken on a new philosophy when it comes to clothes. Buy fewer. Buy better. I can be quite ruthless when it comes to clear outs too, I will periodically go through my wardrobe and de-clutter. It’s a really refreshing thing to do. Reminds me what I have and makes shopping a lot more focussed.
This is my conclusion…
[frame_center src=”http://www.mypollyanna.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/IMG_3533.jpg” href=””][/frame_center]
1. Tailored shorts in a neutral shade. Easily worn with brights or white for a clean look. (French Connection)
2. Silk cami. I’ve gone for a bright shade here but navy would also be good for versatility. (French Connection)
3. Tan leather sandals. I bought these because they quite literally go with anything. I can dress them up or just throw them on with shorts. (Sam Edelman)
4. Scarf. I chose leopard because it’s great for lifting a plain outfit and looks lovely with brights and neutrals. (Warehouse)
[frame_center src=”http://www.mypollyanna.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/IMG_3537.jpg” href=””][/frame_center]
5. Floral dress. (Emily & Fin)
[frame_center src=”http://www.mypollyanna.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/IMG_3534.jpg” href=””][/frame_center]
6. Wedges and clutch. MUST have wedges. Summer must-have, wedges are so easy to wear and versatile. (Stuart Weitzman, Russell & Bromley). Anya Hindmarch clutch that, with no exaggeration, goes with EVERYTHING!
[frame_center src=”http://www.mypollyanna.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/IMG_3538.jpg” href=””][/frame_center]
7. Cropped jeans and pumps. This is my staple outfit for cooler days and a typical ‘school-run’ style. I think cropped jeans at the ankle are really flattering and I find I can throw on a t-shirt, cami or shirt and they always look great (Koral, from Mimi Noor). My well-loved and well-worn Superga pumps in white add a touch of preppy style.
So that’s me. What items could you strip back to?
Reader Rating:  0 Votes