Last month I had been quite unlucky with illness and each time I was down and out I needed a few little pick me ups to get back on track. I love feeling motivated, inspired and productive but the bit I find the hardest is the consistency. Every so often it’s necessary to give myself that oh-so needed kick up the back side, when all I really want to do is hide under the covers. I can’t be the only one that feels like this am I?!
What I’m learning as I go along is that more and more, it’s the little things in life that make the biggest difference. There’s no denying how lovely it is to receive a handmade gifts or handwritten card. So for those moments when you’re demoralised or need that little pick me up here is my list of very small things to make life seem all that bit better…
1. Play a song that means something to you…REALLY loud. This can transform my mood in seconds. For me, it’s Beyonce, Love on Top. Reminds me of good times and good friends.
2. Look at old photos. If my girls have really got the better of me I remind myself of what it’s all about and have a flick through some of their baby photos.
3. Paint my nails. An instant pick-me up. You do things differently when your nails are painted, more elegantly and I like that.
4. Meet a friend and laugh. Breaking from routine and making time for old friends that always make you feel good.
5. 10 minute walk in the fresh air. Leaving 10 minutes early for the school pick up and going for a walk.
What are your little pick-me ups?
Reader Rating:  0 Votes