This picture (outfit details below) was taken very early this morning as today I’m off to London to take someone personal shopping. We are on a mission – the task is to put together a capsule wardrobe from smart casual through to everyday office wear. This can seem a little daunting but I am convinced that planning ahead is one of the essentials key to the success of the trip. Here’s my list of shopping trip essentials….
1. Jumper dress…the perfect Winter shopping trip piece – easy to slip on and off. Unlike skinny jeans that can make you hot and bothered and put you off trying things on.
2. Leather or light weight jacket…for a long-haul shopping trip something fairly light weight that is enough to keep you warm outside but not too hot inside the stores is perfect. For me, I hate lugging around heavy, bulky coats when I’m trying to trawl through rails and shelves so I stick to a trusty leather jacket.
3. Chunky scarf…If it’s really cold, add a scarf that can be folded into your bag if needed.
4. Nude underwear…You want the clothes you’re trying on to look the best without having to imagine what they’ll look like when you get home. Nude underwear covers all eventualities.
5. Slip on shoes or boots…will make trying on shoes all that easier.
6. Water…heating and air conditioning is really dehydrating so keep hydrated and keep going for longer!
7. Messenger bag…big enough to comfortably carry your things and smaller purchases but not heavy and cumbersome.
8. Lip balm…always.
TIP: If they have it, it’s a good idea to use the customer collection or lockers where you can store your purchases and pick them up later to save carrying everything. Just remember what you’ve bought, I always fall into the trap of the feeling that I haven’t bought anything and buy more, more, more!
What are your shopping trip essentials?
Reader Rating:  0 Votes