The first time I watched Breakfast at Tiffany’s I fell in love with Audrey Hepburn. Her classic, timeless style was mesmerising. If I get ‘sucked in’ to a current trend, I quite often find myself thinking “Would Audrey wear this?!“. By following some basic rules, it helps me focus my wardrobe and make better decisions.
[frame_center src=”http://www.mypollyanna.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/IMG_2959.jpg” href=””]Images from Pinterest, Deep Lounge Music.[/frame_center]
Here are a few of her basic style rules taken from the book Audrey Style by Pamela Clarke Keogh.
[styled_box title=”AH style rules” color=”pink”]1. Wear your clothes, don’t let them wear you.
2. Ignore trends, you are above them.
3. Study yourself and make the most of your assets. Everyone’s got something wonderful to emphasise. Highlight it and ignore the rest. There’s no point spending your years in therapy “accepting” yourself. “One must take the rough with the smooth”.
4. Get a good tailor. Everything should fit.
5. Think classic with a twist, never let your clothes enter the room before you.
6. Keep your shoulders back, listen intently and smile.
7. Count your blessings.[/styled_box]
What style rules do you follow?
featured image source: onpoolroad.com
Reader Rating:  0 Votes