I do love a hat. I don’t really know much about them, how to wear them or even if they suit me but I wear them regardless. I was asked recently by a really good friend if I could do a post on hats. She really wants to buy one but can’t decide on style. So I’ve dug deep into the archives of my wardrobe to show you what I have (some of these are about 12 years old!).
The ones that I’ve been wearing this Winter are the bobble hat (4) for everyday and the shooting hat (2) if I want to step up the style stakes. The wax (5) is perfect for handsfree rain cover.
Here’s my pick of where you can buy similar…
1. The Baker Boy…this Marks and Spencer, wool herringbone baker boy hat £15.60 would like great with a leather jacket.
2. The Fedora…besides the fact that I have a super-large head, I like the masculinity of this man’s hat. Mine isn’t available any more but I love this one from Really Wild. Or this gorgeous burgundy one from Accessorise is a great price (£29).
4. See my post on bobble hats for some of this season’s picks.
5. The Wax…mine is from an Australian brand that I bought in a shooting shop near by. They’re not available online but here’s a similar one from Joules (£24, 95).
6. The beret…For a pop of leopard, this Lily leopard angora beret, £18 from Monsoon is lovely.
What’s your hat style of choice?
Reader Rating:  0 Votes